Job Description: Administrator
The Bridgewater Land Trust seeks a dynamic, high energy, marketing savvy part time Administrator to help further our mission. The Administrator is an important ambassador for the The Land Trust both within our rural Connecticut community and with other relevant groups.
Who we are: The Bridgewater Land Trust is a non-profit organization devoted to safeguarding the rural character, spectacular views, and striking natural beauty of our undeveloped, unspoiled woods, open spaces, wetlands, and farm fields. Referred to as the last bastion of Olde New England, Bridgewater’s unique quality of life depends on our ongoing combined commitment to take the best of our history and seed it forward to a lush, vibrant future via the crucial elements of an expanding membership, an active board, creative fundraising, and hearty volunteer participation.
Key responsibilities of the Administrator:
- Oversee outreach activities including writing newsletters, social media posts, annual appeal letters and website content.Create, manage and boost posts on Facebook and Instagram. Manage email campaigns.
- Develop and execute fundraising activities. This includes:
- Fundraising events: Responsible for overall event coordination, including designing and marketing the event, sourcing and managing vendors/deliveries and managing set up/knock down.
- Managing other fundraising campaigns including Give Local and our Annual Membership Drive.
- Source and manage grants, including writing grant proposals.
- Coordinate member/volunteer events, including spring/fall clean up events.
- Manage paperwork for donated or acquired land.
- Cultivate and track memberships.
- Develop/enhance relationships and collaborations with other nonprofit, governmental and conservation groups in our area.
- Maintain working relationships with Board members, manage Board meeting documentation, including preparing agenda and minutes.
- Coordinate office operations including mail and email correspondence, inventory and supply management.
- Manage land stewardship activities, including periodically walking the lands and organizing trail maintenance and land monitoring. Maintain list of (and paperwork for) all owned and eased lands. Update map as needed.
- Manage relationship with tenants; coordinate repairs as needed.
- Working closely with the bookkeeper, ensure accurate financial reporting and timely filings, including tax returns, quadrennial reports and insurance.
Requirements for the position:
- A passion for the mission of the Bridgewater Land Trust.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong marketing expertise, including fluency managing Facebook and Instagram posts, and familiarity managing and editing Word Press (or comparable) web sites and digital marketing platforms (will train on existing Mailchimp account).
- Good organizational skills, specifically the ability to create, organize and manage events.
- Familiarity with PayPal, some bookkeeping and QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
- An ability to work effectively with Board members.
- Bridgewater residency a plus.
- Able to work both from home and the Land Trust office.
The role will report to the Board of Directors, and be approximately 32 hours/month, with some week/week variability based on activity level. Hours may increase with growing membership and grant/fund raising activities. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, fill out our contact form and we will get right back to you.